Monday 26 September 2011

My Experience of the LibDems

I voted for the LibDems at the last general election because of their commitment to a far more democratic electoral system (PR), with the potential to bring real change to Britain’s sclerotic political system, but despite getting into government they failed miserably, even to get the half-baked compromise of AV onto the statute books, the British people, in their infinite wisdom (manipulated by the powers that be), deciding that they didn’t want a more democratic voting system, or the opportunity to bring real change to Britain’s corrupt political status quo.
I voted for them, despite their candidate in my constituency being a Somali refugee. I jest not! Not elected by the local party, but parachuted in by head office to make up for their lack of ethnic minority candidates. He seemed a nice enough guy, but did I want to be represented in the British parliament by a Somali?! Or anyone other than a member of my own PEOPLE . . . ? Definitely NOT. Any more than a native American wants to be represented by anyone other than a member of his own native people.
After the election, I joined the LibDems as a party member, in the expectation of thereby having the opportunity to engage with them and discuss their politics, but apart from putting me on their national mailing list, nothing happened. No one from the local party got in touch. They obviously weren’t interested in engaging with me, but just wanted my support for whatever politics they’d already decided upon.
It seems to me that the LibDems are committed to one policy more than any other: of putting an end to “white majority rule” in Britain as soon as possible (currently predicted to be around the year 2066).
WHY? I joined their party in order to discuss that very question with them, but unfortunately never got the opportunity. Thus, I can only guess at what their motivations are. What I guess is that it’s a power-politically perverted continuation of their former (quite reasonable) efforts to put an end to white minority rule in South Africa, which, in their blind pursuit of moral self-righteousness and political power, they assume is the right thing to do, creating a globalised, “post-racial” and “post-European” Britain.
I regret never having the opportunity to discuss this with them. I’ve allowed my membership to lapse, still without hearing a dicky bird from them. Which is why I’m posting some of my thoughts on the LibDems here.
Nick Clegg’s political career may be short-lived, but guarantees him personal fame and fortune for the rest of his life – not to mention a nice fat pension.

No comments:

Post a Comment